Proform Group Incorporated (PGI) is an industry leader in the development, manufacture, and testing of fuel tanks and modules, battery boxes, and chassis assemblies for the commercial, school bus, and military vehicle industries. Since 2001, we’ve focused on transportation innovation to drive success on the road. To help our customers learn more about our capabilities for aftermarket, replacement, and OEM tanks and parts, here’s a list of frequently asked questions to better assist you.
Aftermarket & Replacement Part Questions
What aftermarket tanks do you provide?
PGI supplies fuel tanks in various shapes and sizes for most semi-truck makes, such as:
Our tanks are available in various finishes like steel, aluminized steel, aluminum, polished or etched aluminum, CARC, and powder coat paint.
What size tanks do you make?
Our tank sizes vary by shape. For example:
- Round: 26″ to 70″ in length, with 40- to 150-gallon capacities and 24″ and 26″ end caps
- Rectangular: 28″ to 72″ in length, with 40- to 100-gallon capacities and 15″ x 25″ end caps
- D-shaped: 30″ to 57″ in length, with 40- to 100-gallon capacities and 16″ and 19″ end caps
We can also manufacture custom-size tanks for unique projects.
Do you include a fuel cap with your tanks?
Yes. All of our tanks come with a fuel cap.
How do I purchase a replacement tank?
To find a replacement tank near you, check our dealer list for local options, or submit your tank size on our Contact Us page, and we can help connect you with a dealer.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Questions
Can you make an OEM product?
Our team is capable of matching just about any tank for vehicles on the road today. We can also custom-design a tank per your exact specifications.
What are your production capabilities?
PGI offers a range of tank styles, which we manufacture by sequence to VIN number alignment to match your manufacturing processes. Tank shapes include:
We provide various size and material options per OEM specifications and can custom-design a tank to fit the unique engineering requirements of your application.
What markets do you sell to?
PGI sells to clients with Class 6, 7, and 8 trucks, including:
- Dump trucks
- Utility and military vehicles
How many locations do you have?
Our main 125,000-sq.-ft. manufacturing and assembly facility is in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Our second state-of-the-art manufacturing site occupies 300,000 sq. ft. of space in Columbus, Ohio, and in 2022, we added a 5,500-sq.-ft. Sheridan, Arkansas, facility for trailer manufacturing. PGI will be opening its newest location at a future site in Texas to give us a total of four locations to date.
What in-house testing services do you perform for quality assurance purposes?
We are committed to quality in our products, and so we conduct analysis tests from the Fuel Filler Drop Test to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)-specified Drop Test. Automated multi-tank submersion leak testing is crucial to ensure 0 PPM and rule out field leaks. Additionally, we conduct other QA testing procedures for:
- Salt chamber
- Salt spray
- Paint adhesion
What quality standards and requirements are you able to meet?
We adhere to all regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a division of DOT, including:
- Diesel tank requirements. For tanks suited to diesel fuel, DOT’s requirements are spread across three sections: Parts 393.65, 393.67, and 571.301. Under the FMCSA’s authority, these regulations cover all requirements for constructing, testing, mounting, and marking diesel fuel tanks.
- Commercial vehicle tank requirements. Part 393.67 covers more than just diesel tanks, however. It details the standards for all commercial vehicle fuel tank types, including auxiliary varieties. This regulation requires tanks and all their components to comply with set standards for construction, overfill protection, and venting in pipes, drains, fittings, joints, and more, with testing for leakage. Manufacturers must also confirm that side-mounted tanks won’t leak should they encounter impact. Diesel varieties for commercial vehicles require proper marking (i.e., the name and location of the manufacturer, the manufacture date, and a certificate verifying a tank’s compliance with FMCSA regulations).
PGI is also ISO 9001- and ITAR-certified, and we’re a trusted supplier for the U.S. military.
Find a PGI Dealer Near You
PGI specializes in precision-manufactured fuel tanks, support brackets, strap assemblies, school bus crash cages, and other tank-related assemblies. Our extensive fabrication and painting capabilities include press braking and shearing, 5-axis fiber laser cutting, plasma cutting, and custom welding. We also plan to add 3D additive manufacturing to our service offerings soon.
Should you still have questions for us, or if you’re looking to become a PGI dealer or find one near you, contact us today and we’d be happy to help.